Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Photo Essay





Design Plan
The audience for my photo essay will include my classmates and my professor. The context will be the day that the final version is due. We will all pull up our final product on our laptops, then go around and view each other’s projects. Our photo essays must be 8 to 10 pages long and relate to our research topics. It will include original photographs with captions that should be easily understandable. I think I am going to try and raise questions to make the audience form an opinion on either why college athletes should or should not be paid a salary. I still need to take more photographs that will better show this visually. Colleges already pay for athletes’ tuition and supply them with gear and apparel, so why should they be paid? However, the athletes bring in a whole lot of money for schools. I need to take some photos that will ask these questions. This topic has been getting more and more controversial recently. I want my audience to think about where they stand on this conflict. Colleges already spend a lot of money on athletes. Some athletes get their tuition fully paid by the school, while getting free apparel and gear. So why should schools go even further and pay them like it’s a job? I created a PowerPoint presentation for this photo essay. The photo essay contains photographs and text. I am a little concerned about getting quality photographs to display my argument. Also, I need to think about how I am going to arrange the photos to make a good argument. I think I will have two or three photos arguing that they should be paid and then two or three photos arguing why they should not be paid. So, the main question: should college athletes be paid?











Closing Comments
I think overall I accomplished what I set out to do. Some of my photographs could have been better, but I think with the limited resources I had available, they do a decent job. I think I raised the questions that I was planning to raise in my design plan. When thinking about whether or not college athletes should be paid a salary, I think this photo essay does a good job showing both sides of the argument. 

No comments:

Post a Comment